Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.


Search NERRS

Match Report for

University of Hartford Women vs. Springfield College Women (1st)
01 October 2016

Location: Parking in M lot next to the fields. The rugby pitch is located behind the soccer field and next to the baseball field. Walking down the sidewalk the uprights are clearly visible

University of Hartford Women: 15    Springfield College Women: 12

On a grey and Saturday morning, the Springfield college women traveled to Hartford for a bit of rugby. After some technical delays the match was started, with the women from Hartford quickly taking dominance. Through a lot of back-and-forth play they were able to score three tries in the first half. They missed all of their conversions, making them lead by fifteen points. In the first thirty minutes neither team was able to put any more points on the board. But just around twelve minutes before the final whistle, Springfield seemed to kick into extra gear. Led by their scrum-half, who performed amazingly in rucks, making Hartford concede turn-overs and penalties, they were able to make a comeback. They scored a try ten minutes before the end of the game and another one five minutes before the end of the game, which they managed to convert. They were now three points down. Hartford fought back, but conceded a penalty on Springfield's five-meter line. There was no more time for a line-out, so Springfield had no option but to try to run it all the way back the other end for those last three points. They managed to make it to their ten meter line, gaining another penalty there. This time they decided to kick it to the Hartford women. The Hartford women ran it back to Springfield, who managed to be able to turn it over, getting another chance at those last three points as the game was no going on several minutes beyond eighty. Unfortunately, Springfield lost the ball forward and was not able to complete their comeback, although it looked like they would have certainly done with a couple more minutes on the clock.

Referee: Bram van Buuren